Adam has studied bodywork and Chi Kung since 1990. This began with receiving Alexander Technique, which led him to study Chi Kung. This has developed over the years with the main focus being upon the integration of body, mind and spirit.
Graduating from the British School of Shiatsu Do (BSS-DO) in 1997 Adam has become a member of the Teaching staff at the BSS-DO in 2000. Additionally, Adam is a registered Teacher with the Shiatsu Society (UK) FwSS and a Director of the Shiatsu Society (UK).
Adam is also a member of Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and has been on the Shiatsu Profession Specific Board for the CNHC.
Since 1990 Adam has continued to study and develop in the Chi Kung Art of Zhan Zhuang (Standing Chi Kung) with a focus on the healing and integrative physical aspects of this Chinese art.
Adam’s professional experience and training include:
- Shiatsu Society Board member
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CHNC)
- Working with Cancer support
- Secure Mental Health Institutions and at clinics in Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and London
- Exhibitions and workshops for the BSS-Do London School and the Shiatsu Society
- Teaching at the BSS-Do London, Slovenia and Sweden
- Teaching at The Shiatsu College Dublin
- Teaching Training Diploma with the Shiatsu College
- Registered Teacher/Mentor to Students and Teachers within the Shiatsu Society (UK)
Areas of professional interest or research:
- Raising Awareness within the Public Domain about Shiatsu
- Health-related exercises in relation to Shiatsu Chi Kung and Tuina
- Development in the art of Chi Kung
- Integrating TCM with Zen Shiatsu, highlighting and investigating links and differences
- Continuing further development in the style of Zen Shiatsu
- Developing and improving teaching style and techniques
- Clifford Andrews
- Pauline Sasaki – a youtube video of the work of Pauline Sasaki
- Ray Ridolfi and Suzanne Franzen
- Alice Whieldon
- Nick Pole
- Saul Goodman
- Nichola Ley
- Ole Eskilsden
- Master Sam Tam
- Master Lam Kam Chuen
Japanese Acupuncture and Moxa
- Edward Obaidey
- Dr Alan Plenty
Other Related Qualifications
- Post Graduate Diploma The Shiatsu College
- University of Westminster Tunia Chi Kung Diploma 2001
- International Qualifications and Experience
- Teaching Chi Kung and Shiatsu for BSS Sweden
Other Personal Information
Adam has worked with gardening for over 30 years. This has helped connect him both to the changing seasons and supported him being connected to the Earth and grounded. He lives next to the River Thames at Bolters Lock outside Cookham in Berkshire.